The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts showers likely, mainly before 9 a.m., with a high near 64 degrees. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 38 degrees.
2. Sparkling Soiree at the Encore Theatre
There will be a strolling silent auction beginning at 6 p.m. today featuring the smooth jazz sounds of Tyler Driskill and The Fourth Wish. This event is $35 and includes sparkling wine and light hors d'oeuvres. Guests can enjoy The Encore’s fifth season announcement with a special concert starring Jessica Grove and Daniel Cooney. The concert will also feature favorite Encore performers. For more information, call 734-268-6200.
3. Dexter Farmers' Market
The market will be open from 3-7 p.m. today on Alpine Street next to the Dexter District Library. Come check out the selection of fresh produce and crafts.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.98 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Sept. 18, 1793: On this day in 1793, George Washington laid the cornerstone to the U.S. Capitol building, the home of the legislative branch of American government. The building would take nearly a century to complete, as architects came and went, the British set fire to it and it was called into use during the Civil War. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.