The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70 degrees. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 51 degrees.
2. Bar crawl tickets on sale
Tickets for Dexter's inaugural bar crawl are available for purchase at Terry B's, Katies's, Dexter's Pub, Red Brick Kitchen & Bar, and Aubree's Pizzeria. Tickets are $15. The bar crawl takes place Sept. 29.
3. Fall rates available at Hudson Mills golf course
Fall rates start at all eight Huron-Clinton Metropark regulation golf courses Oct. 1, when golfers can play 18 holes for $25 or nine holes for $18, with cart. Seniors can play 18 holes for $20 or nine holes for $15, with cart. Walkers can play 18 holes for $15, or nine holes for $12. Senior walkers can play 18 holes for $11 or nine holes for $9.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.88 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Sept. 25, 1957: Under escort from the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division, nine black students entered all-white Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas. Three weeks earlier, Arkansas Gov. Orval Faubus had surrounded the school with National Guard troops to prevent its federal court-ordered racial integration. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.