The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 65 degrees. Thursday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 40 degrees.
2. Coffee with the Principal
Join Creekside Intermediate Principal Hyeuo Min Park during a coffee hour today from 9-10 a.m. today at the school.
3. Free Canning Demonstration
The Dexter Farmers Market will be hosting a free canning demonstration on Oct. 6, from 9 a.m. to noon. Those attending the demonstration will receive a free gift courtesy of a grant from the 2012 Discover You Can program sponsored by the Farmers Market Coalition and Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball brand fresh preserving products. The grant was received by the 5 Healthy Towns Wellness Coalition for markets in Stockbridge, Chelsea, and Dexter.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.84 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.84 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Sept. 27, 1570: In Rome, the Society of Jesus--a Roman Catholic missionary organization--received its charter from Pope Paul III. The Jesuit order played an important role in the Counter-Reformation and eventually succeeded in converting millions around the world to Catholicism. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.