The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms on Tuesday, with a high near 84 degrees. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 66 degrees.
2. Back to School
Today is the first day back to school for Dexter Community Schools. Today is a halfday. School dismisses at 11 a.m.
3. Dexter Farmers' Market
The Dexter Farmers' Market will set up on Alpine Street today from 3-7 p.m. Come check out this week's fresh produce. The market is located next to the .
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $4.04 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $4.19 a gallon (regular), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $4.05 a gallon (regular), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $4.05 a gallon (regular), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.19 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $4.19 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Sept. 4, 476 A.D.: On this day, the Roman Empire falls as Romulus Augustus, the last emperor of Rome, is deposed by Odoacer, a German barbarian who proclaims himself king of Italy. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.