The Salvation Army of Washtenaw County is lagging behind in its 2012 Red Kettle Campaign fundraising effort to raise $330,000.
Ann Arbor area donations during the first 20 days of the annual fundraiser are down more than $20,000 compared to last year, a trend that would impair the nonprofit’s ability to provide human services, such as food and shelter, to residents in need.
In 2012, the Salvation Army helped provide more than 32,200 meals, 21,900 nights of shelter and 7,500 Christmas gifts to individuals and families throughout Washtenaw County.
It’s easy to give:
- Drop a donation in one of the red kettles at 35 storefronts throughout Washtenaw County through Dec. 24.
- Visit www.sawashtenaw.org.
- Send a check and indicate in the memo line which location will benefit:
- The Salvation Army Ann Arbor Corps, 100 Arbana Dr., Ann Arbor, MI. 48103
- The Salvation Army Ypsilanti Corps, 9 S. Park St., Ypsilanti, MI. 48198
Bell ringers needed
The Salvation Army is in need of bell ringers to cover weekday shifts throughout Washtenaw County. All opportunities are posted at www.registertoring.org. Volunteers can log on and pick a preferred location and shift that is convenient for them.