It's the first Friday of Lent and that means clubs and churches across Washtenaw County are firing up the fryers for their weekly fish fries.
Fish fries are held during six weeks of Lent on Fridays, excluding Good Friday; this year, that means events kick-off today and run through March 30.
Here's a look at local fish fries in Washtenaw County.
- , 8265 Dexter-Chelsea Rd., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Adults $10, kids $6. Drive-through takeout $9. Meals include fried shrimp, pan-fried fish, baked fish and a salad bar and are all-you-can eat.
- St. Mary Church, 10601 Dexter-Pinckney Rd., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Pinckney's Men's Club will have Friday Lenten fish fries. Meals include baked or beer battered fried fish, French fries, scalloped or baked potato, coleslaw, homemade macaroni and cheese, beverages and more. The cost is $8 adults, $7 seniors, $4 children under age 12. Takeout is available.
- St. Mary's Parish Hall, 14200 E. Old US-12, 5-8 p.m. The cost is $10 adults (12 and over), $5 (11 and under), $9 seniors (62 and older).
- St. Andrew the Apostle, 910 Austin Drive, 4-7 p.m. The cost is $9 for adults, $8 for seniors, $5 for kids. The menu includes beer-battered cod, baked tilapia, French fries, salad and macaroni and cheese.
- Old St. Patrick Church, 5671 Whitmore Lake Rd., 4:30-7:30 p.m. The cost is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $6 for children 5-11, children 4 and under eat free. The menu includes fried Alaskan pollack, choice of potato, salad bar, and beverage. Desserts available for a nominal additional charge.