We've included a weather update, gas prices and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts today will be sunny, with a high near 56 degrees. Friday night there will be widespread frost after 2 a.m., with a low around 29 degrees.
2. Village offices closed
Dexter Village Offices will be closed on April 6 in observance of Good Friday.
3. White Buffalo opens at the Purple Rose
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), $4.15 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $4.05 a gallon (regular), $4.29 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), $4.15 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), $4.15 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.05 a gallon (regular), $4.08 (diesel) , 8135 Main St.
- $4.05 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel) Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
April 6, 1896: On April 6, 1896, the Olympic Games, a long-lost tradition of ancient Greece, were reborn in Athens 1,500 years after being banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius I. At the opening of the Athens Games, King Georgios I of Greece and a crowd of 60,000 spectators welcomed athletes from 13 nations to the international competition. For more information, visit www.history.com.