Here are five of the top stories this week in the areas surrounding Chelsea and Dexter.
1. Ann Arbor.com reported on a possible plea deal between Janice Lee Molden of Lima Township and the Washtenaw County Prosecutor's Office. Molden is accused of embezzling $250,000 from A2 Auto Glass last year.
2. Patch.com reported on the for school lunches. Sarah Simmerman outlined the program at Dexter Community Schools.
3. Patch.com reported on the , Michigan's oldest continuously operating cider mill.
4. MLive reported on the bankrupcty filing of the Journal Register Company, parent company of Heritage Newspapers.
5. The Chelsea Update reported on the opening of The Pointe at Cavanaugh Lake in Sylvan Township. The new party store is owned by Steve and Denise Burnette.