Patch is here to make your life ridiculously easy, so as you sit down today and plan your week, here are three events you should know about in the Chelsea, Saline and Dexter area.
1. Rain Gardens: let's clean up the Saline River one garden at a time!
- When: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Where: Saline District Library, 555 N Maple Rd, Saline
- What: Join Susan Bryan, Rain Garden Coordinator for Washtenaw County for a lively presentation on how to plant a rain garden, what plants to choose, how to maintain it, and how it will benefit the environment. Susan created her garden in 2006 and has since taught hundreds of people how to plant their own.
2. Tree Replanting with Dexter Rotary and Dexter Relief Fund
- When: Friday, April 26, 2013, 9:00 am
- Where: 7229 Marshall Rd, Dexter
- What: As the final stage of the Dexter Relief Fund, trees have been made available to those who lost trees in last year's tornado. Many people need some help getting the trees planted and we hope you can help!! In coordination with National Arbor Day, the replanting is planned for Friday and Saturday, April 26 and 27. Come for any part of these days. Please bring as many of your own shovels, picks, pitchforks, wheelbarrows and trucks as you can.
3. Chelsea Chamber After Hours
- When: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 5:00 pm
- Where: Village Motor Sales, 1185 S Main St, Chelsea
- What: Village Motor Sales is hosting the Chelsea Chamber after Hours. All business people in Chelsea are invited to join us for food, fellowship and fun. Jeep, Ram and Chrysler test drives will be available. The St. Louis Center will be holding a putting contest. Lots of door prizes and entertainment. RSVP to Tammy 734-475-8661 or to the Chamber office 734-475-1145.