The Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program and local units of government will host an environmental clean-up day for Washtenaw County residents on Oct. 27.
The clean-up day will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Eastern Michigan University’s Rynearson Football Stadium, located at 799 N. Hewitt Road in Ypsilanti. The event is free, but there is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain this community collection.
This event provides an opportunity for residents to dispose of many unwanted household items in a safe and sustainable manner. Numerous household materials can be brought to the event, including:
- Traditional recyclable materials (plastics, glass, tin, cardboard, paper)
- Scrap metal
- Freon appliances (air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.)
- Household hazardous wastes (cleaning supplies, motor oil, mercury, oil-based paints, etc.)
- Yard waste
- Electronic equipment (computers, televisions, toasters, etc.)
- Sharps (diabetic needles, etc.)
Residents may bring up to four tires for free. A $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, Freon appliance, or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item. No household garbage will be accepted at this collection event.
This is a service for Washtenaw County residents only.
For more information, visit http://recycle.ewashtenaw.org or call the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Program at 734-222-3827.