Whether you are itching to take on the undead in a zombie apocalypse, or enjoy some wholesome family entertainment around Washtenaw County, Patch has you covered. Here's a look at some fun events happening this weekend.
- You've seen the campy 1980s horror/comedy Army of Darkness, now relive all your favorite moments with the Dexter Community Players' version of Evil Dead: The Musical. The show runs at the Copeland Theatre on Friday through Sunday. Splatter Zone seating is limited. Performances will be held at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 7 p.m. on Sundays. Tickets are $20 for Splatter Zone and $15 general admission. For more information, visit www.dextercommunityplayers.com.
- If blood and guts aren't for you, head over to Stockbridge to catch the last performance of the Town Hall Players' version of The Wizard of Oz starring local Dexter and Chelsea students. Performance times are Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are available at the door for $12.
- The Blast Corn Maze is open in Webster Township. The 10-acre corn field features a variety of games and attractions, from the pedal car track and hay rides, to a corn cannon, petting zoo, and rubber ducky races. The maze is open from 5 to 10 p.m. Fridays, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays.
- The Chelsea Area Fire Authority will host an open house at the station from noon to 4 p.m. Area children and families can stop by the fire station, located at 200 W. Middle St. Events include a hands-on vehicle extrication display, inflatable bounce house, tours of the station, fire hose demonstrations, and presentations by local first responders. Enter to win a gift certificate from The Common Grill.
- St. Mary Parish in Chelsea will host its annual fall craft fair. Fifty-three vendors from across Michigan will be on hand selling gifts for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Sweetest Day, or for any occassion. The church is located at 14200 E. Old US-12. There is a $2 admission fee for adults 18 and older.
- The Camp of No Return is open for business at the Mill Lake Outdoor Recreation Center in Chelsea. The haunted house is open weekends beginning Oct. 5-28. Tickets are available for purchase on location. Ticket prices are $11 for kids 11 and under, and $13 for all others.
- The Dexter District Library will host a drop-in Halloween storytime event for kids at 11 a.m. The event is free to attend.
- Halloween fun at Hudson Mills Metropark:Tickets are $6 per child, under 1 free (includes all activities and hayride) and $3 per adult (includes, cider, doughnuts and hayride). Tickets are limited and available for purchase at the park office. Call 734-426-8211.