.

Firefighters Respond to Electrical Fire at Dexter's Pub

A ceiling fan in the women's restroom at the pub malfunctioned causing a minor fire on Monday morning.

A malfunctioning ceiling fan is to blame for a small electrical fire that occurred at Dexter's Pub early Monday morning.

The Dexter Area Fire Department and Scio Township Fire Department responded to the scene at approximately 11:10 a.m.

According to Lt. Tim Burke, the fire was contained in the women's restroom and no injuries were reported.

Burke said firefighters were on scene for approximately 45 minutes. Smoke and water accounted for most of the damage to the building, which Burke estimates was around $3,500.

The cause of the malfunction is still under investigation.

"It could have been age, or a defective part. It's not uncommon for the fans to stop working," he said.

Katie Fifelski October 09, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Does anyone know why there were several fire trucks at the corner of Zeeb and Jackson , behind the bank last night? Glad the pub didn't have much damage. We love the pub!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »