The 2012 general election takes place on Tuesday, Nov. 6. As local election clerks ramp up their preparations, Dexter Patch will help residents sift through the election process. Today, we focus on polling locations in the Village of Dexter, Dexter Township, Scio Township, Webster Township and Lima Township.
Village of Dexter
- Residents in the village of Dexter are part of Scio Township's Precinct 1. The polling location is the Dexter Senior Center, 7720 Ann Arbor St.
- Residents living in the Westridge Subdivision vote in Precinct 3 at the Webster Township Hall, 5665 Webster Church Rd.
- Precincts 1 and 3 vote at the Dexter Township Hall, 6880 Dexter-Pinckney Road.
- Precinct 2 votes at the Multi-Lake Sewer Authority, 12088 N. Territorial Road.
- Precinct 1 votes at the Dexter Senior Center, 7720 Ann Arbor St.
- Precincts 2 and 3 vote at the Scio Township Hall, 827 N. Zeeb Rd.
- Precinct 4 votes at the Scio Community Church, 1293 N. Zeeb Rd.
- Precinct 5 votes at Scio Farms Clubhouse, 6655 Jackson Rd.
- Precinct 6 votes at the Scio Fire Hall, 1055 N. Zeeb Rd.
- Precinct 7 votes at the Washtenaw Intermediate School District, 1819 Wagner Rd.
- Precinct 8 votes at the Scio Community Church, 1293 N. Zeeb Rd.
- Precinct 9 votes at the Polo Fields Clubhouse, 5200 Polo Fields Drive.
- Precincts 1-3 vote at the Webster Township Hall, 5665 Webster Church Rd.
- Precinct 1 votes at the Lima Township Hall, 11452 Jackson Rd.
Polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday.
In order to vote in Michigan, you must present one form of photo identification at the polls:
- Michigan driver’s license
- Michigan personal identification card
- Driver’s license or personal ID card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued photo ID
- U.S. passport
- Military identification card with photo
- Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
- Tribal identification card with photo
Voters who do not have acceptable picture ID or who forgot to bring acceptable picture ID to the polls can vote after signing an affidavit.