Most colleges and universities have already begun delivering their decisions regarding admissions to high school seniors.But rather than pure joy, letters notifying kids that they’ve been admitted to the program(s) of their choice might bring a little anxiety with their exciting news.
On March 7th, Parros College Planning is offering a FREE college planning workshop that might just help alleviate some of the unease parents and their college-bound kids in the area might have about the expense of higher education. Don’t wait until your student is a senior in high school to start planning.
“HOW TO PAY FOR COLLEGE WITHOUT GOING BROKE” will be held on Wednesday,March 7th at the Dexter High School, starting at 6:30. We will also be at Skyline High School on February 28th and Huron High School on February 29th, both at 6:30 pm. This program is aimed at freshman to Juniors in High School and their parents.
The workshop will cover critical issues parents of all students who want to attend college need to be informed of as they prepare to send their students to college. These include:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages.
- How to lower your “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school.
- How to increase your chances of getting “free money” through merit based aid.
- What key things colleges consider when accepting your student and how to make the college compete for your child.
The earlier you start the college process the better prepared you will be. Seating is limited. To reserve your seat, call 888-590-3668 or register online at www.parroscollegeplanning.com