The Village of Dexter will transform into a community party this weekend as Dexter Daze 2012 takes over Main Street.
Organized by local businesses and artisans, the festival starts Friday, Aug. 10, and runs through Saturday, Aug. 11.
The festival will feature food, games, tours of Gordon Hall, artist booths, and live music.
Here is a look at the weekend events:
- 11 a.m. to noon: Richard Paul, ventriloquist.
- 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Kevin Devine children's entertainer (Monument Park)
- 2-3 p.m.: Colors the Clown
- 3:30-5 p.m.: Sweet Adelines (Monument Park)
- 3 p.m. and 6 p.m.: Fly Casting Demo (Mill Creek Park)
- 4:30-8 p.m.: Swiss Steak Dinner (American Legion)
- 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Spur 9 country music (Monument Park)
- 5:30-8 p.m. Dexter's Living History Tour at Forest Lawn Cemetery
- 8-11 p.m.: Laith Al-Saadi (Rock and Roll)
- 8-11 a.m.: Colors the Clown
- 10 a.m.: Dexter Daze Parade
- 10:30 a.m.: St. James Barbecue Chicken Dinner
- MILL CREEK PARK RIBBON CUTTING (Directly after parade).
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Dexter Daze Used Book Sale ().
- 1-3 p.m.: Tours of Gordon Hall
- 1 p.m.: Union Base Ball Club vintage baseball game (Gordon Hall).
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Magician Jeff Wawrzaszek
- 3:30-5 p.m. Dexter Orchestra
- 5:30-7 p.m. RFD Boys
- 2-3 p.m.: Orchid (Classic Rock)
- 7 p.m.: Raffle drawings
- 8-11 p.m.: Bugs Beddow (R&B)
For more information, visit www.dexterdaze.org.