A ceiling fan in the women's restroom at the pub malfunctioned causing a minor fire on Monday morning.
A malfunctioning ceiling fan is to blame for a small electrical fire that occurred at Dexter's Pub early Monday morning. The Dexter Area Fire Department and Scio Township Fire Department responded to the scene at approximately 11:10 a.m. According to Lt. Tim Burke, the fire was contained in the women's restroom and no injuries were reported. Burke said firefighters were on scene for approximately 45 minutes. Smoke and water accounted for most of the damage to the building, which Burke estimates was around $3,500. The cause of the malfunction is still under investigation. "It could have been age, or a defective part. It's not uncommon for the fans to stop working," he said.